BSMQ State Nomination Program
The BSMQ business and skilled program is NOW OPEN. We are open from Tuesday 29 September 2020 until Monday 5 October 2020. Please note, only decision-ready applications in a COVID-19 priority area will be considered.
Due to the limited nomination allocation and processing timeframe:
- BSMQ will only pick up NEW EOIs lodged on Skillselect from Tuesday 29 September 2020.
- If an invitation is made, all supporting documents must be uploaded in 24 hours. If all documents are not received in the 24-hour period, the invitation will be closed.
Please DO NOT pay the application fee until you have received an invitation and all documents have been uploaded.
Please DO NOT call BSMQ in regards to your application as we are unable to take your call during this busy processing period.
With limited allocations, BSMQ will only nominate:
- high-quality applications related to the COVID-19 economic recovery, or
- businesses that focus on productive investment and job creation, or
- businesses that have a regional investment focus within the business program.
- Priority processing for:
– Subclass 132 – Significant Business History stream
– Subclass 188 – Business Innovation stream
– Subclass 188 – Significant Investor stream
– Subclass 188 – Entrepreneur stream
- Open to both ONSHORE and OFFSHORE applicants.
With limited allocations, BSMQ will only nominate applicants critical to the effort in response to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- in medical services, or
- in maintaining the supply of essential goods and services, or
- in delivering services in sectors critical to Australia’s economic recovery.
Further information regarding critical skills and sectors is available on the Department of Home Affairs website: (https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/critical-skills-and-sectors#toc-1).
- Priority processing for:
– 491-SBO (small business owners’ pathway) applications
– Subclass 190 visa applicants who have worked in their nominated occupation in
Queensland for at least 6 months and have a job offer for 12 months (for a minimum of 35 hours per week, must have full-time work rights)
– Subclass 491 applicants who have worked in their nominated occupation in a regional
area of Queensland for at least 3 months and have a job offer for 12 months (for a minimum of 35 hours per week, must have full-time work rights).
- Open only to ONSHORE applicants in Queensland.
- After lodging your EOI, you must send an email explaining how you will meet the Department of Home Affairs ‘critical skills and sectors’ direction (skilled applicants only).
- Your email must include your full name, date of birth and EOI number and should be sent to email@example.com (skilled applicants only)